Sunday, August 17, 2008

The New Bob Haircut (No, Not That One)

I will be coming back from NYC with some great finds to share, but until Tuesday, here are two posts to tide you over --
I mentioned last week that I would probably be obsessing about hair from time to time, and here it is: unless you've been in a cave, you've probably noticed many celebs have been chopping off their hair and sporting new, short bob haircuts. All I have to say is: I get it already! OK, you have perfectly straight, sleek hair. No frizz, no cowlicks, no weird layers. Yes, yes. You look just like 20's screen siren Louise Brooks. Stop taunting those of us with frizzy, wavy, dry hair!





Above: Christina Ricci, Victoria Beckham, Katie Holmes, Louise Brooks.

I I were actually brave enough to chop my hair off, I would proudly sport the early 90's wavy/frizzy bob and give those gals a run for their money. Here is the amazing M.I.A. bringing it back old-school!



You know you love them: The lovely ladies of Dirty Dancing, Top Gun, and Twin Peaks do the bob right!






7 comments:

KLF said...

If you mix the too stylish sleek and wavy you could try to the 20's style neoclassic flapper style - the one keira knightley had in Atonement.

Sharon S said...

A gorgeous style that is completely timeless!!

Anonymous said...

I agree! It's annoying because no body has that hair without a bucketload of product and a hair straightener.

Kriston said...

This is a lovely style
But I'm not daring enough to cut off my uber long hair :O
xo

Couture Carrie said...

Awesome series of photos!!! Love that Vicky Becks.

xoxox,
CC

Unknown said...

I like the 90's bob. It's more current and less boyish.

Bobble Bee said...

David Lynch really knows how to portrait always the better looks on women; twin peaks, wild at heart, blue velvet, mulholland drive... 'their' heroines have the coolest hair-does, make-ups, wardrobes...