About

Welcome!

My name is Tara, and I am a graduate student in English literature, living in Tulsa, Oklahoma {right off the longest existing stretch of Route 66!}. I am a writer, a collector, a shopper, a lover of history, art, fashion, music, and film. I am a huge fan of living the good life, eating and drinking well, and laughing often and loudly. I also have a bit of an affinity for the strange and surreal. Can you relate?
Though my imagination tends toward the extravagant and the decadent, my daily life is simple, fun, and unpretentious. But, as Diana Vreeland so astutely said: “The only real elegance is in the mind; if you've got that, the rest really comes from it.”

I spend most of my time doing one or more of the following activities: researching for my dissertation, working at The Modernist Journals Project, teaching college students how to become better writers, dreaming about food, snuggling with my boyfriend and my pug Gidget, enjoying my friends, traveling (when possible), working on my blog, reading, and trying not to spend all of my money on the lovely things I’m convinced I need.

I started this blog as a creative outlet and a place to share what I love with like-minded readers. My goal is to stay true to my own tastes and creative impulses, while always remaining flexible and open-minded! I also hope to be able to inspire, inform, challenge, and intrigue you. Let curiosity be your guide…

Cheers!

Contact me at: labellerevue@gmail.com
P.S. In case you're curious, the inspiration for my blog's title and the source of the quirky headers in the side-column is Gertrude Stein's modernist poem, "Tender Buttons."