Friday, September 18, 2009

Weekend Links

{Beyond Limits features giant works of sculpture...all up for auction at Sotheby's for giant amounts of money!}

What are your weekend plans, my pretty peaches?? I feel as if I could sleep for 48 hours straight. The rain here has been incessant, and it is putting me in hibernation mode. Truly, I hope to get something fun/productive accomplished in lieu of my sleepiness. Tonight my boyfriend and I will try to catch a movie {maybe Zombieland?}. Tomorrow I am going to the Brady Heights neighborhood garage sale {if you are in the Tulsa area, come check it out!}. Brady Heights is one of the oldest neighborhoods in Tulsa, and my parents are lucky enough to live in a lovely old house there! I have a feeling they will have the best stuff at the sale ;)

Here are some of my favorite links of the week...enjoy!

::Morbid Anatomy blog is downright fascinating [and slightly disturbing].

::Gorgeous cuffs by the Glamourai -- I want!

::A beautiful, heartfelt reminder of why we do this crazy blog thing at On Dressing Up.

::Refinery 29 gives the low-down on some of the most exciting trends from NY Fashion week.

::An upcoming film about Charles Darwin's life and work {though apparently it will not be released in the U.S. because it is too controversial}.

::Yes and Yes asks: why can't women's mags can't be funny, too?

::Sotheby's "Beyond Limits" auction features breath-taking, monumental works of sculpture, all displayed on the grounds of a palatial manor in the English countryside.

6 comments:

Sarah Von said...

Thanks for the nod, lady! I'm in good company with those other lovely links <3

Greetz from Tiz said...

have a good weekend, thanx for the links!My weekend will be very busy...work work work!!ppfff...
greetz

Grace said...

I almost came to Tulsa this weekend! Alas, I stayed at home and worked on writing projects instead. :(

Tom Tuttle from Tacoma said...

great links. i'm curious why Creation won't be released in the US if the schools are still teaching about evolution. or i've been mistaken about the latter?

{Tara} said...

Sarah -- Of course! I always love your posts!

Tiz -- I hope you founds some time to have fun, too ;)

Grace -- If you ever come, you should let me know. Are you coming in for the Indie Emporium this Friday?

Tom Tuttle -- I guess they just don't want the backlash or they think it will not have a big enough audience? I'm sure it will have a small release somewhere.

Tom Tuttle from Tacoma said...

thanks for your response and for visiting my blog, Tara :)