Happy [albeit sleepy] Monday! Wow...I am so behind on my comments, my tags, and my awards. I am going to try and catch up starting NOW. The beautiful and always-eloquent Ana at On Dressing Up gave me 3 [!!!!!!] awards and a tag. I really hit the jackpot on this one...and I've posted my five choices of bloggers to pass the "Honest Scrap" award on to below...
10 Things You Might Not Know about Me:
- I used to teach English to Disney executives at the Disney headquarters in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- After undergrad [long ago], I traveled alone to Europe for a month.
- One of my favorite meals is: chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, and fried okra. Healthy!!
- When I was little, I collected locust shells [or cicada shells, according to where you live]. I had a bucket to put them in and would go around in the summertime, looking for them on trees and fences. I still can't help picking them up when I see them.
- In my younger days, I was completely gothed-out: Black everything, pale makeup, fishnets, vinyl, lots of piercings...you get the picture. Though I'm not quite that extreme these days, there are remnants: I'm still obsessed with Joy Division and I still love black [though just not head-to-toe].
- My first "grown-up" job was in NY -- I used to work as an indexer for the Modern Language Association. I wrote key-word summaries for academic texts; sometimes I would skim through as many as 30 books a day...it really took all the fun out of reading.
- I am a hopeless romantic, with a pessimistic streak. Needless to say, I often feel confused. Don't we all?
- I used to be married. And now I'm not. I feel very mature admitting to that.
- I really think it would be fun to be either a cabaret performer or a geisha...just for a week, to see what it would be like.
- I know all of the words to the songs from the musical "Oklahoma!"