Thursday, April 2, 2009

Virtual Shopping at Topshop, NYC

Not to harp all week on Topshop and Kate Moss, but I just can't help doing some virtual shopping [that is, online window shopping] of the new line released today. I am sitting here imagining the insanity of the NYC store at this very moment and feeling simultaneously happy and a bit regretful not to be there amidst the madness. Kate's line is even more amazing than I expected [and more pricey!]. Of course, I am drawn to her flapper-inspired pieces, but she also has a range of other goodies: Liberty prints, flowy bohemian dresses, 80s-inspired body-con numbers, and lots of ruffles and sequins!! Here are five of my favorites, all with a 20's theme:






9 comments:

JULES said...

This is incredibly ironic, these too were my favorite.

love ur blog,i follow urs care to follow mine?

http://www.styleanthem.blogspot.com

{Tara} said...

Jules -- Aren't these pieces just amazing!! Thanks so much for your kind words! I am adding you to my blogroll.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love the last one!!

Elizabeth Kerri Mahon said...

Ooh, now I'm so excited to buy her stuff when the shop opens here. Not that I need to buying more clothes but spring is here!

Paradis said...

Oh my God, how I envy you that can go to NY and see all of this in the real Topshop store!!!

Roxana said...

yes, fabulous. i can't stop imagining myself in that transparent black Moll :-) and the first one with the oriental influence, so gorgeous.

Cupcakes and Cashmere said...

wow that deco princess pieces is FABULOUS!

poopisan said...

can't find these on topshop. i even clicked on the kate moss link. i just wanna know how much the vaudeville vixen dress is. have you seen a similar vintage piece anywhere? thanks love poopisan

{Tara} said...

Poopisan -- I'm pretty sure most of the Kate Moss stuff sold very quickly. There is barely anything left on the site! It is probably very hard to find something like this in vintage wothout paying A LOT of money. Check out this site for similar items:
http://www.vintagetextile.com/gallery_1920s.htm

Cheers!
Tara