Monday, February 9, 2009

Monday Mischief: Cage Sandals and Corset Rings

I am in a personal-disclosure mood this morning for some reason, so why not go with it. Here's what I've been up to/what's been on my plate over the weekend:

* I started doing "official" research toward my dissertation over the past few days [I won't start my dissertation proposal for several more months], and I have been looking at loads of fashion history and criticism. I am just shocked and amazed how much is out there; I feel like it is going to take me years to sift through all of this interesting stuff...I'm sure I will have tons to share. I already do!

* I watched the film "He's Just Not That Into You" with some girlfriends, and we were all very
annoyed/frustrated/ and confused by the ending. Have you seen this movie? Let's just say it involves a diamond ring and your typical uncreative Hollywood emphasis on traditional social norms and "supposed" female expectations. So disappointing!

*I saw this corset ring by Sophie Gardner in Lucky Magazine and I think it might become something akin to my golden ticket: "I want it now Daddy!!!"


*I can already feel myself [against my best efforts] becoming obsessed by the idea of strappy-cagey-lace-y sandals. It might have something to do with the unseasonably warm weather we have been getting in the states. I am loving Dolce Vita's selection right now. Find some cute ones here, here, and here.


*I added a Facebook icon on the right side of my blog, so if you're on Facebook, feel free to add me!


**Have a wonderful Monday everyone!!**

6 comments:

Sharon S said...

Hi there-that ring is totally gorgeous! Have a great week!

Dugout Daisy said...

I LOVE that ring!!! Now, if only I had someone to buy it for me! hahaha! I'm def putting it on my wishlist! ;)

s.i. michaels said...

I was just admiring a ring like this the other day--trying to think where I saw it...an ad, I think. It's just lovely--so simple but super cool.

Michelle said...

That ring is so cool, I might buy it, later on...but it is in the might pile.

{Tara} said...

sharon-- I'm pretty much in love with the ring! Have a great week as well dear!

daisy-- Nah, just get it for yourself!

ambika -- I think I have also spotted this elsewhere, but also cannot recall...

michelle -- I have a huge 'might' pile.

Wicked Halo said...

a bracelet like the ring, in a corset shape would also be way cool!!!