Monday, February 9, 2009

Can This Be Made into an Outfit?

My recurring feature, "Can This Be Made into an Outfit?," started as a nod to the Domino Magazine feature, "Can this Outfit Be Made into a Room?" Well, as I'm sure you've all heard, the amazing and inspiring Domino is folding due to the economy, and it is indeed unfortunate news. In my little way, I will try to keep the magazine alive by continuing these posts from time-to-time.

Doesn't Pierrot look a little sad here? Sometimes a clown doesn't always feel like being a clown...

Pierrot, formerly known as Gilles by Jean-Antoine WATTEAU c. 1718-19
Pierrot

The straw hat is definitely inspired by the latest Marc Jacobs collection, which featured floppy straw hats -- you must wear it tilted toward the front! The rest of the outfit is feminine, frilly, French, and fun...just like Pierrot [on a good day].

9 comments:

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous, inspired post! I would carry that frilly lavender umbrella everywhere.

Anonymous said...

oh the umbrella!!

Sharon S said...

Hi there-a lovely set, with fabulous accessories, well picked!

James said...

No wonder your blog wins so many awards. With your creativity, intelligence, and insight, I feel honored to be dating such a wonderful and sexy woman :) Happy Five Days of Valentines.

Michelle said...

Ah, I love it! How smart, I love love love that necklace

{Tara} said...

ana -- I know! Isn't it too cute for words!

mothersvea -- yep, not practical, but amazing nonetheless.

sharon -- thank you dear.

james -- Baby! you rock!!!

michelle -- I know, the necklace is decadent; thanks so much for stopping by!

Brigid said...

Loving that parasol!

To answer your question, the Saturday Market is on West 51st Street just off the Gilcrease Expressway. It's near JRP Speedway. It's not too far a drive from our complex.

The Sexy Pedestrian said...

I've been avoiding the whole catsuit thing, but the white one is gorgeous - so 1930, especially with the umbrella!

Anonymous said...

Ohhh love the shoes! I always enjoy your blog so much :).

Much Love,
Carlita