Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Fashion Illustration and New Figurative Drawing: Or, I Like People

I definitely went through a phase [during the time I was getting my Master's degree in Aesthetics] in which I was obsessed with abstract art. But, over the past year or two, I've done a complete 180 degree turn, and I now LOVE figurative illustration and painting -- I want people in my art, thank you! This has also made me more interested in fashion illustration as an art form. Until I can get my hands on the Fashion Illustration book from my gift guide last week, I am quenching my desire by bookmarking my favorite fashion-conscious illustrators on Etsy and dreaming of making a fabulously-framed arrangement of these on my wall (click on images to find out more...):

This print has such a great 70's vibe:
Victorian meets contemporary beauty:

I'm a sucker for glamorous women smoking:

Playful flapper girls:

Decadent Venetian glamour:


Sexy...and slightly creepy:



9 comments:

mothersvea said...

oh I'm very flattered! :D

[Tara] said...

mothersvea --- Of course; your work is great!! I was going to send you a note to let you know...but you saw it first!

Mrs.French said...

mothersvea is one of my favorites too...I love all of these! xo t

deep_in_vogue said...

those are AMAZING. your work is incredible, simply whimsical. You are so talented!

[Tara] said...

mrs french -- Yes, she is amazing! thanks so much!

deep in vogue -- LOL, I wish they were mine, but they are not. You can click on the images to find out about the artist's work ;)

Cris said...

oh they're so cute!

I hope Santa brings lots of these ilustrations to me this year. I've been a good girl! ;-)

kisses

[Tara] said...

Cris -- you and me both!!

michiko said...

I used to love drawing fashion illustrations, too bad I don't have time to draw at all these days...lovely illustrations, thanks for sharing!

marry said...

Blogs are so informative where we get lots of information on any topic. Nice job keep it up!!
_____________________________

Poetry Dissertation