Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Current Obsession: Mustard and Red


Let's just ignore any immediate associations with McDonald's golden arches, because I am really feeling this mustard/red color combination right now...in an incredibly chic, non-McDonald's-cheeseburger kind of way. If you've been following my blog for a while, you might remember me obsessing about my attraction to mustard yellow some time ago. Now I am dying to rock a mustard frock with some bright red lips and red ruby earrings ala Diane Kruger at the SAG awards [dress by designer Jason Wu].

And while we're here, can we just give Miss Diane K. a nod for always being interesting and edgy, without ever really seeming like she's trying to be either. I mean, who wears this color to an award's show? I love her!

{:Photos via StyleFrizz}.

8 comments:

{ Rococo Vintage } fashion, fairy tales, + gin gimlets said...

I've been really loving mustard yellow, too, of late. I've made my vintage mustard/goldenrod APC sweater my current go-to for this crazy weather we've been having in LA - and my hair is quite red and I'm almost always wearing red lipstick, so then there's that ;)

And Diane Kruger completely blew me away in that dress... what a vision!

xo,
Rebecca
www.rococovintage.blogspot.com

Ashley Olivia Bobcat said...

"Who wears mustard yellow on a red carpet?" The fashion police on E! compared it to Michelle Williams' very nearly mustard colored dress from a few years ago (Vera Wang, 2006 Oscars). I loooved the color on both ladies. I currently have no mustard yellow in my closet, but I'm thinking that it might be my next purchase.

I thought that Diane Kruger was equally stunning at the Globes, even though that dress got panned by the critics.

3StinkyBoysAndMe said...

I never would have thought of the color combination, but I DO love it! So interesting.

Jill said...

I love it too...someone else did it last year, but it was a red dress with mustard heels. Getting old is a bitch...my memory flees whenever I call it.

{Tara} said...

Rococo -- Oh! Mustard and red hair! Gorgeous -- I'm jealous.

Ashley -- She is always stunning AND interesting.

3 Stinky -- I know, it seems as if it wouldn't work, but it does.

Jill -- Now I want to know who it was, so I can find a photo! But, believe me, I know what you mean about your brain fleeing from you...

(IN)DECOROUS TASTE said...

It works really well with her complexion. Lauren

Jaeveberry said...

For some reason, this made me want fries. :) I love the color mustard, and on some people, like Diane K, it looks fabulous with red! Dunno if I could pull it off tho!

Jill said...

Maybe it was Renee Zellwegger or Reece Witherspoon.