Monday, March 16, 2009

Monday Mischief: I'm Back!!

Thanks for bearing with me during my dry spell these past few weeks! My written exams are over, but I don't find out until next Monday if I passed, so I still have a bit of that sick, anxious feeling... I feel so out-of-touch with the world, so it might take me a bit to get back in the swing of things! What did I miss???


I was like a lost soul this weekend -- I actually had time to do whatever I wanted, but I could barely remember what it was like to have freedom. My boyfriend and I did a bit of shopping [I have to break myself in slowly...], and I found this gorgeously embellished copy of Tennyson's poems from 1882 in a used bookstore. It was a complete steal...I think no one loves poetry anymore!?! It is in such lovely condition and there are delicate, romantic etchings on the inside.

I did a bit of online shopping -- I always manage to convince my self that when I've been working hard, I deserve to treat myself...do you guys do that? I am hoping my package will arrive today with these three things from Urban Outfitters: A biker jacket that doubles as a sweatshirt, a stretchy-sexy-but-not-too-sexy bustier top, and a 50's inspired bathing suit...

For me, bathing suit shopping is like the 7-levels of hell, so we'll see how this fares on the scale of bearably awful [which counts as 10 on my scale] to just-kill-me [a definite 0 on my scale]...

7 comments:

Brigid said...

I have a similar swimsuit, but the background is pink, and there aren't any ruffles. I love it!

Congrats on being done! I'm sure you did great.

Airam said...

Welcome back, honey! It's great to have you here again :) That bathing suit is wonderful - I couldn't agree more with you on that 7th level of hell-thing, but if that one fits you, then you seem to have simply skipped the whole nightmare. Aren't you a lucky girl... But the best thing with you post was that book, actually!

Paradis said...

Welcome back Tara!!! =)

bronwyn said...

Th bathing suit is really lovely, excellent choice.

cable_zombie said...

:O

I am so jealous of that book - it looks beautiful.

I made my mum a book of Tennyson poems once, although I wish I'd been able to find her one like this!

Anonymous said...

WOw what a wondrerful book!! looks really pretty!! I like the swimsuit to but the model is soooo skinny it makes my want to stuff her with a 1000 cupcakes!

{Tara} said...

brigid -- thanks so much! I got the suit and it actually looks good... Shocking!

airam -- It's good to be back! Yeah, that book is a wonderful find.

paradis -- Thank you so much!

bronwyn -- Thanks...I realize that the string bikini is a thing of the past for me...this suit is just classier anyway.

cable zombie -- The book is truly lovely...I have recently fallen back in love with Tennyson.

mothersvea -- I know! Isn't the model sort of nauseating? Not flattering, particularly in a swimsuit that seems meant for a girl with curves!