Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Howdy from Tennessee

I'm spending the week with the boyf's family in Tennessee and definitely taking a bit of a break from my normal intense writing/researching/blogging mode...despite my need for a brief hiatus, I thought it would be fun to post some photos of our outings out and about in the beautiful South. Today we went to Casey Jones' Village and Old Country Store here in Jackson. We indulged in fried chicken, okra, biscuits and blackberry cobbler...yummmmm. Then we took a look around the country store...

It was a bit icy and miserable, so I didn't do anything fancy with my ensemble -- though I did break out my new black leather boots [I was supposed to wait until Christmas, so don't tell my grandma ;)].


The Old Country Store has amazing old-fashioned candies...


Molasses and syrup for country cooking...and some delicious candles that smell like flowers in the summer.


Barrels of candy and old-school soda pops...


Apparently they still make Aunt Jemima replicas [a bit politically incorrect, no?]. These amazing candles (right, below) come in various dessert flavors and you burn them in an iron skillet -- too cute!


A whole rack of toy guns...yikes! And possum products...apparently possums are a problem here(?)


All-in-all, a cozy [and filling] day! We will be making a day-trip to Nashville to visit the Grand 'Ole Opry and Opry Land this week -- I'm so excited to see the holiday lights! There should be some pictures coming up from that excursion as well. Take care everyone!!
Cheers,
Tara

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

mm all that candy looks delicious!

xoxo,
La C.

Vintage Lollipops said...

These images are fantastic... but I'm thinking now I have a major sweet tooth.
lol

xxx
Bella

lune_blanc said...

Yummmmm....hope you're having a great week Tara!

WendyB said...

Yum...delicious possum ;-)
I'm sure it tastes like chicken.

Kira Aderne said...

hi!
so fantastic trip, love it all!!!

sometimes we really need to relax a bit :)

love yout blog!

a kiss girl!

Claire said...

Wow, just look at all the sweets!! It looks so beautiful.

Paradis said...

Lovely place, Tara!!!
Enjoy it! =)


http://leblogdeparadis.blogspot.com/

s.i. michaels said...

I really wish, while we were in Kentucky last summer, we'd had a chance to go to Tennessee. Can't wait to see more pics.

Courtney said...

Have you seen Jack White yet?! Post a picture of that, when you get it!

Your vacation sounds nice; I'm glad you had time to give us an update!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE all that candy! And how surreal does the rack of toy guns look?

Unknown said...

I just wanted to drop a line and say: 1. I would like to reiterate how much I heart your blog! and 2. I'm finally caught up after being sick/absent from the web for weeks. I'm glad to come back and see a slew of inspiring posts.