Here is what I wore last night -- my camera isn't the best, so it is difficult to see the sequin details on my sweater and the allover fringe on the dress. I tried to combine as many textures as possible: patent leather, lace, fringe, sequins, and feathers (in my hair). Thanks to my sister for the gorgeous lace leggings!! Also, thanks to beautiful Spring for this one-of-a-kind vintage purse!
Last night was fun [even though my man was missing], and I came to the realization that people love an excuse to pose and have their pictures taken! Here are some shots of a few of my amazing, gorgeous, funny friends [and you might recognize a dress in there somewhere...]:
I don't like the word "resolution" [it already has the connotation of failure in my mind], so I like to make "goals" instead. Here are my 10 goals for 2009:
1. Continue my organization streak.
2. Donate money to a worthy cause (a pug rescue?)
3. Work on enjoying my academic obligations more...thus working more efficiently and regularly.
4. Keep up more regularly with a healthy diet and exercise regime (notice I did not say lose xx amount of pounds?)
5. Save more money.
6.Spend my money more intelligently -- buy fewer items, but buy items of higher quality.
7. Keep working to make my blog a success (and a pleasure for myself and others).
8. Keep experimenting with cooking.
9. Work on techniques for overcoming procrastination.
10. Get an academic article published or present a paper at an academic conference!
What are your goals for the new year???