Monday, November 24, 2008

Black Christmas: 2008 Holiday Gift Guide

Perhaps I was in a dark mood...or maybe it was the conversation I had with my boyfriend about his favorite Christmas movie, "Black Christmas" [a Christmas horror movie!?]... either way, as I began compiling my holiday gift guide, I quickly began to see a pattern -- you guessed it: black! Despite the slightly dark tone of the list, the gifts are actually all quite lovely, practical, and well-priced [all under $50!]:




Write a note for your sweetie or create a design of your own: Chalkboard Candle, $19.50. Delight.com.


So simple and versatile, but with an edge: Giles & Brother. 3mm Spike Bangle in matte hematite. $45. Gargyle.com.


If your loved one must have a vice, you can at least be sure they are warm and cozy while they indulge: Smoking Mittens, $25. Spoonsisters.com.



Slightly dark, but with a wink: Gothic Black Pom Pom Scarf, $36. Fredflare.com.




Gorgeous notebooks, almost too pretty to write in: Set of three Black Dahlia Notebooks, $18.95. Momastore.com.


A bit gothic Lolita, no?: Black Hard Candy Heart Sunnies, $11. Fredflare.com.






A great gift for guys or girls -- practical and stylish: Large charcoal natural deoderizer ball. $45. Fitzsu.com.






Sweet...but not too sweet: Forget-Me-Knot enamel bow ring. $48.50. Delight.com

15 comments:

Rosie the Cat said...

Really cool stuff!

Anonymous said...

Great stuff i especially like the candle!!

Anonymous said...

hmm this is a really great post!
but i might be biased since i absolutely love black :)

Cupcakes and Cashmere said...

i'm all about that little bow ring. all of these are fabulous picks!

{Tara} said...

autumn -- thanks so much!!

mothersvea -- yes, I got the candle for a friend -- hope she likes it!!

letslive-- I'm a little biased toward black myself!

emily -- my sister has the ring in gold, and it is so lovely. Now they have started making it in different colored enamel.

Brigid said...

Fun stuff! I totally have those sunglasses in purple.

{Tara} said...

brigid -- I have them in neon green! I really want the black though...I would just wear them out, as if they were completely normal sunglasses ;)

AsianCajuns said...

I don't smoke, but I love those smoking mittens. Every time I see them online or at a store, I always smile.

Gerry said...

The smoker glove is HILARIOUS. Whoever thought of that is officially a genius in my book.

{Tara} said...

asiancajuns -- they are really cute and funny...hope my boyfriend likes them...shhhh...

gerry -- I agree!! So clever!

Song of Style said...

What's a deorderizer ball...?

Couture Carrie said...

Awesome ideas! I love giving and receiving candles as gifts :)

xoxox,
CC

{Tara} said...

Song -- LOL! You can put it in your closet or sit it out and it is supposed to absorb odors...like smoke, etc. Thanks for stopping by , btw!

Couture -- Me too! I can seriosuly never have enough candles.

Emma said...

Love the chalkboard candle. That's totally me.

Hey, since you're so good at the internet thing, why don;t you see if you can track down these shoes for me? http://stitchywitch.wordpress.com/2008/11/25/shoes-swatches/#comments

The first ones, not the boots. I love them!

{Tara} said...

Emma -- I thought of you, actually, when I first saw the candle! I'll do a bit of research for you on the shoes...