Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Quiet Appeal of the Man-Bag



A Little Structure is Good for You: Lately, I have been feeling pretty bored with bags. The worn-in slouchy leather purse is a great standby, but I have had a hankering for something new. Over at the Facehunter I began to notice a handful of cute European boys sporting some rather debonair man-bags. Then, I noticed a couple of adorable ladies with uber-structured purses, and I knew this was my answer. Luckily, I found an amazing, barely-used shiny leather beauty from the 70's at a local vintage shop. I feel a bit like I'm carrying a mini-briefcase, and the handle is soft and a perfect length (hits my hips). I am going to have to get used to the fact that I can't just shove my hand inside and easily rifle around like I do in my softer, roomier bags, but it will keep me a bit more organized. The red and gold strip on the front flap gives it just a hint of Ivy-League, and the androgynous factor makes it even more appealing somehow. Yay for something different!



Now that I look at it, maybe it's not even real leather...oh well, that's even better. No wonder it was so inexpensive!



Images are from facehunter.blogspot.com.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the man bag. You post has definitely made me think twice about my next handbag. Just linked to you. Love your blog!

{Tara} said...

Thanks for the comment and encouragement! Cheers!

Laminated Fragments said...

OMFG! Now, you know I have quite a bag fetish as well, and frankly, I am so excited for your incredible find. It took me a whopping four months to find the new bag that I will be debuting this fall during the upcoming semster. I happened to come across it in the GAP of all places. I like using my leather bag, too. However, I felt that is time for a new one, and I hadn't bought a new bag in close to a year. So, I can't wait to show this one off.